Terms and Conditions
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information from you when you visit the Site, whether through the Site or via alternative means, including but not limited to completion of Coconut Cartel documents and forms. In this section, We describe what types of personal data We collect, the ways We collect it, and how We use it. While We have tried to be complete, this list is not necessarily exhaustive, given that these activities can vary from time to time. When We collect information, We will tell you at the point of collection what information is required and what information is optional. We collect personal information both directly from the information you provide us with as well as automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies. This collection of information includes any information that can personally identify you. This information may include details such as your name, age, gender, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, and you Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
Examples of information that you provide us with include information collected from filling in forms on our Site, when subscribing to promotional communications, when reporting a problem with our Site, when responding to a survey, and records and copies of correspondence, including email addresses, if you make contact with us. The types of personal data typically collected by us may include the following, depending on your activities:
- Contact information and Geographic Location, including name, title, street address (home, work, billing, shipping), postal code, country, telephone numbers (home, work, cell, etc.), email address (home, work), operating system, browser type, company name and other similar information, and your geographic location.
- Personal/demographic information, including birthday/age/age group, gender, birth date, salary range, occupation, level of education, contest- or promotion-specific information.
- Authentication information, including user IDs, log-in names, passwords, password reminders, etc. (in addition to other personal data such as contact information, birth date and the like).
- Transactional and financial information, including payment information for purchases made through the Site and debit/credit card information.
- Preferences, views and comments, including communication preferences, feedback in response to surveys, etc.
- Participation information, including event attendance, sweepstakes/contest entries (including all information submitted on an entry), registrations, information relating to use of online communities and all other user submissions and content you provide.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED THROUGH DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist in better understanding Site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected except to help Coconut Cartel conduct and improve our business. You may disallow receiving cookies at any time through your web browser. Although you may still use the Site if you reject cookies, some functionality, such as the shopping cart, may be limited.
Our Site may also use IP addresses for the same purposes identified above, as well as to analyze trends, administer our Site, track users’ movements and online activity and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We may use web beacons (also known as Internet tags or clear GIFs) on our Site to access and set cookies and otherwise help us to better understand how users are moving through our Site. Information provided by the web beacon includes the computer’s IP address, the type of browser being used, traffic data, location data, information about your computer and internet connection, and the time that the web beacon was viewed. We may also use web beacons in emails and newsletters so that We know when such communications have been opened and to otherwise help us tailor our communications to individual users. The information We collect automatically is statistical data and may contain personal information. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Store information about your preferences
- Speed up your searches
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM BUSINESS PARTNERS
We may obtain your personal data from you directly or when it is provided to us by our affiliates. We may collect personal data related to employees, directors, authorized signatories and other individuals associated with our existing or prospective business partners (collectively “Business Partners”). Information may be collected from Business Partners directly, from a company that employs Business Partners, from our affiliates, during networking events that We have either hosted, or sponsored, or attended; and/or from publicly available sources. We may collect personal data relating to our Business Partners’ employees, officers, authorized signatories, or other associated individuals. Information collected includes but is not limited to names, business addresses, business email addresses, business telephone numbers, business fax numbers, job title or role, business bank account details, date of birth, language of communication, date of first contact, and/or categorization as a business partner.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AT OUR PREMISES OR OUR EVENTS
We may obtain your personal data from you directly and from our systems’ records such as your name, business contact details, organization, photo, image, date and time of visit.
INFORMATION IS USED IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps Coconut Cartel to better respond to your individual needs and helps us to better understand the market in which We operate;
- To improve the Site: We continually strive to improve the Site offerings based on the information and feedback We receive from you;
- To improve customer service: Your information helps Coconut Cartel to more effectively respond to your requests and support needs;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Site feature, to promote our goods and services, and to inform you of upcoming events;
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates;
- To ensure security: Collection of your information helps to manage security, risk, and fraud prevention.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include agencies providing marketing assistance, providing conference administration assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing User service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
- Affiliated Businesses: We work closely with affiliated businesses, namely the companies sponsor or exhibit on the Coconut Cartel Site or at conferences. These businesses may be provided your name, address, email address, and phone number to send you promotional offerings. We cannot control and nor are We liable for contact attempts from these companies to you. Our affiliated businesses will process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and any implementing legislation (the “GDPR”) and other relevant data protection laws.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes We send offers to users on behalf of other businesses. If you do not want to receive such offers, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
If and when transferring your personal data outside the EEA (which consists of EU member states and Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway), We will only do so using one of the following safeguards:
- the transfer is to a non-EEA country which has an adequacy decision by the EU Commission;
- the transfer is covered by a contractual agreement, which covers the GDPR requirements relating to transfers to countries outside the EEA;
- the transfer is to an organization which has Binding Corporate Rules approved by an EU data protection authority; or
- the transfer is to an organization in the US that is EU-US Privacy Shield certified.
You may request a copy of any relevant document in relation to transfers of your personal data outside the EEA by contacting us at [INSERT CONTACT INFORMATION]
You are entitled to obtain information from us on how We handle your personal data, to see copies of all personal data held by us and to request that your personal data is amended, corrected or deleted from our systems. You can also limit, restrict or object to the processing of your data. We do not carry out any decision-making based solely on automated processing, including profiling. If you gave us your consent to use your data, e.g. so that We can send you marketing emails, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that even if you withdraw your consent, We can still rely on the consent you gave as the lawful basis for processing your personal data before you withdrew your consent. You can object to our use of your personal data. If you would like to exercise any of your above rights, contact at email@example.com.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
The security of your personal identifying information (such as your credit card number) is important to Coconut Cartel. Therefore, We implement a variety of appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology and then encrypted into the payment gateway provider’s database only to be accessible by authorized individuals. After a transaction, your private information (credit card number, etc.) will not be stored on Coconut Cartel servers. Please keep in mind, however, there is no such thing as perfect security, and no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. Moreover, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any username and password you use, if applicable.
DO WE DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal identifying information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist in operating the Site, conducting business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. However, non-personal identifying visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Our website is designed to appeal to adults only. We do not knowingly solicit any information from children or people under the legal drinking age, nor do We knowingly market or otherwise target our websites or our products or services to children or people under the legal drinking age.
If We become aware that a visitor to our websites is a child or under the legal drinking age in the country or other territory in which he or she is located at the relevant time and has registered without verifiable parental consent, We will remove his or her personal information from our files.
We will keep and process your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected in connection with your relationship with us, unless We have a legal right or obligation to retain the data for a longer period, or the data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.